To educate accountants in the area of cost segregation and its impact on the depreciation of fixed assets.
- Overview of cost segregation and depreciation;
- The evolution of this tax savings procedure, including the relevant court cases;
- Depreciation & qualifying property, including:
- The tax treatment of qualifying and nonqualifying property and the court cases that make those determinations.
- The engineering issues faced when examining property;
This program is presented at the intermediate level.
A general background in accounting is needed for the presenation. No advance preparation is needed.
The method of presentation is in a group live setting.